Ubicomp & ISWC
UbiComp and ISWC 2019 invite proposals for half and full-day tutorials to be held at the 2019 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, and the International Symposium on Wearable Computers. All tutorials will be held on Monday, September 9, and Tuesday, September 10, 2019 before the main conference. The UBICOMP & ISWC tutorial program is intended to disseminate information to conference attendees on recently emerging topics and trends, provide surveys of complementary techniques to those commonly studied within the Ubicomp and Wearable communities, and inform industrial practitioners on the state-of-the-art within the field. We encourage submissions of proposals on topics in the general areas of Ubiquitous and wearable computing. Tutorials should be given by experts in the subject matter.
Pre-proposal Submission Inquiries
Should you wish to discuss ideas for a workshop proposal prior to the submission deadline, feel free to contact the Chairs of the Workshops Program at email@example.com.
The proposal should be prepared as a document in ACM SIGCHI Master Article Template. They should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should include the following elements:
- Title and length (either half-day, e.g. 3 hours plus breaks, or full day, e.g., 6 hours plus breaks) of the tutorial
- Short abstract (300 words)
- Intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required
- Previous offering(s) of the tutorial
- Detailed contact information of all presenters (and indication of the main contact person)
- Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter, highlighting relevant experience in presenting tutorials, teaching classes, organizing summer schools, etc.
The extended abstract (no longer than 3 pages) should include the following sections:
- Brief outline of the topics to be covered
- Relevance to the community and references to related resources (and tutorials at related conferences)
- Format and detailed schedule
- Type of support materials to be supplied to attendees.
Upon acceptance, the extended extended abstract is expected to be revised and adapted for inclusion in the supplemental proceedings.
Tutorials will be reviewed by the workshop chairs who will evaluate the proposal based on how compelling and useful they expect it to be to UbiComp and ISWC attendees. The chairs will consider several factors during the selection process, including:
- The timeliness and relevance of the topic of the tutorial
- The expected interest level in the topic in the community
- The feasibility of the planned activities and schedule.
- The overall balance of topics in the tutorials program. If multiple submissions are received on the same or similar topics, the organizers may be encouraged to merge them.
Submitting your Proposal
Please submit your proposal via email to the workshop chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is Thursday, June 20, 2019. The submission should be a single PDF file using the ACM SIGCHI Master Article Template. that includes the proposal (max. 4 pages). Please download and use the required templates to prepare the proposal.