Welcome to Ubicomp 2012
Ubicomp is the premier outlet for novel research contributions that advance the state of the art in the design, development, deployment, evaluation and understanding of ubiquitous computing systems. Ubicomp is an interdisciplinary field of research and development that utilizes and integrates pervasive, wireless, embedded, wearable, and/or mobile technologies to bridge the gaps between the digital and physical worlds. The Ubicomp 2012 program will feature a keynote, technical paper sessions, specialized workshops, live demonstrations, posters, video presentations, and a Doctoral Colloquium
Who Should Attend
Given its multi-disciplinary nature, Ubicomp has developed a broad base of audience over the past 14 years. Key audience communities are: Human Computer Interaction, Pervasive Computing, Distributed and Mobile Computing, Real World Modeling, Sensors and Devices, Middleware and Systems research, Programming Models and Tools, and Human Centric Validation and Experience Characterization. More detailed information about the topical focus of ubicomp can be found in the Call for Papers.
- Ubicomp Awards
- Ten Year Impact Award: The Personal Server: Changing the Way We Think about Ubiquitous Computing. Roy Want, Trevor Pering, Gunner Danneels, Muthu Kumar, Murali Sundar, John Light, Ubicomp 2002.
- 2012 Best Paper Award:
- Lullaby: A Capture & Access System for Understanding the Sleep Environment. Matthew Kay, Eun Kyoung Choe, Jesse Shepherd, Ben Greenstein, Nathaniel Watson, Sunny Consolvo, Julie Kientz.
- An Ultra-Low-Power Human Body Motion Sensor Using Static Electric Field Sensing. Gabe Cohn, Sidhant Gupta, Tien-Jui Lee, Dan Morris, Joshua Smith, Matthew Reynolds, Desney Tan, Shwetak Patel.
- Automatically Characterizing Places with Opportunistic CrowdSensing using Smartphones. Yohan Chon, Nicholas D. Lane, Fan Li, Hojung Cha, Feng Zhao.
- Keynote talk by Steve Cousins (link)
- Pre-Conference talk at CMU by Jun Rekimoto (link)
- Conference mobile apps now available (link):
If you have questions, contact email@example.com