Student Volunteer Applications
Thank you for your interest in the UbiComp / ISWC 2014 Student Volunteer (SV)
Applications will not be accepted after June 1, 2014 at 11:59pm PDT.
Applicants selected for SV positions will be notified on or before July 1, 2014.
Apply online here.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
As a Student Volunteer, you get several benefits, including:
- Free registration to UbiComp / ISWC 2014
- An exclusive student volunteer t-shirt
- Unique opportunities to get in contact with great researchers and make new friends
- Free access to all conference meals and the conference dinner
- Invitation to the exclusive SV party near the end of the conference!
At the same time, being an SV means that you have several responsibilities:
- You are required to work for at least 20 hours during the conference
- You are required to be present at the workshop / conference venue for the entire
duration of the conference: Saturday, September 13 early morning through Wednesday,
September 17 evening (we recommend that you arrive in Seattle by Friday evening and
stay until Thursday morning)
- You are required to attend the SV orientation meeting on Saturday, Sept. 13
- If you fail to attend the SV orientation meeting or do not work the required
minimum amount of hours, your SV status will be revoked; this will result in loss
of all SV benefits, including free registration – i.e., you will be required to pay the
If you require financial assistance to help cover the cost of travel, please apply for a Student Travel Grant and indicate on your
application that you also applied to be an SV. Ubicomp / ISWC is committed to being an
accessible event, please see our Accessibility
Statement. We are very happy to make reasonable accommodations on request for S.V's who
Student Volunteer Chairs